Southern Sorbet Float
If you want to serve an elegant, dazzling and delectable cocktail at your next girls’ event, try this. The combination of sweet, bubbly champagne with a kick of vodka and a blast of cold strawberry sorbet impresses every time.
I’ve had a version of this cocktail at a range of special occasions, from baby showers and bridal luncheons to jewelry parties, and it was definitely the highlight of most conversations.
This drink is also perfect if you like dessert but don’t want to overindulge. Sorbet is a non-dairy product similar to Italian ice that is dense and packed with flavor. It is a non-fat or low-fat alternative to ice cream so it is, in a way, healthy.
As the sorbet melts, the mixture turns slushy, so you don’t have to use ice that will dilute your drink. Spring for something a little different this season and create this simple but fancy cocktail for your girlfriends (but guys really do like it too!).
- 1 bottle pink champagne substitute sparkling rose wine
- 4 TBSP Skyy Strawberry Infused Vodka substitute any strawberry-flavored vodka
- 4 scoops strawberry sorbet
- whole strawberries & mint leaves
- Place four cocktail glasses in the freezer until well chilled.
- Into each glass add a scoop of sorbet and a tablespoon of vodka and fill the glass with champagne.
- Garnish each glass with a strawberry and a few mint leaves.