Ways to Give Back to Leland this Holiday Season
We have a great community in Leland, primarily because of the people who live here. Leland keeps growing but it also continues to be a place that believes in a small town feel where neighbors matter.
So this holiday season, if you are looking for the opportunity to give back to your community, here are some ways:
- Be like Janice Owens and drop off much-needed supplies at the Brunswick County Animal Shelter.
- The Brunswick Regional Water and Sewer H2GO launched a new initiative called “Operation Round Up.” H2GO costumers can elect to round their bill up to the next dollar amount and the difference will go to a nonprofit in the County.
- Communities in School’s mission is to surround students with a community of support, increasing student potential. They have published a list on their website of ways volunteers can help schools in Brunswick County.
- Hope Harbor Home is a shelter for domestic violence victims and operates five different thrift stores in Brunswick County. The best way individuals can help: “Individuals can donate time, money or items that the shelter constantly needs, such as cleaning supplies, children’s videos, twin sheet sets, bath towels, personal hygiene items, etc. Individuals can also support Hope Harbor Home simply by donating or buying goods at the thrift stores.”
- If you enjoy doing work with your hands, Wilmington Area Rebuilding Ministry (or “WARM”) needs volunteers in Brunswick County.
- Manna Ministries of Leland has been working since 2008 to help hungry families across the area. Their goal is to feed 125 families every month. You can read more about Manna Ministries in our article.
There is always a need in your own backyard, so take a moment this holiday season to give back to the community that has given so much to us.