The Best North Brunswick Articles of 2016
This past year was a big one for the team here at NBM. We not only launched our new website and added new people to our office, we also continued to bring you the stories that matter from across Leland and North Brunswick County. We thought it would be fun to take a look back at 2016.
Truthfully, this isn’t a scientifically polled list. But based on your comments, calls, shares, and input, we can confidently claim that these were our top 5 articles of 2016:
- The Barn at Rock Creek. Originally a feature story for our print magazine, this article grabbed a lot of you. It’s not hard to see why: beautiful photos, a unique story, and two visionaries.
- Pickleball. Although this is one of our older articles, it still received tons of hits from an online audience. Pickleball is a sensation taking over the nation and Leland is no exception. So don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bring you more pickleball news in the future.
- A look at the Harper House. This print article appeared in our spring issue, just in time for Azalea Festival, and walked readers through the history and restoration of an iconic downtown Wilmington house.
- Molly White wins awards at Lincoln Elementary. Elementary schools in North Brunswick County have many unsung heroes who work effortlessly for our children. So it is nice when at least one receives national recognition, especially one who understands that her team is what matters most.
- Local North Carolina-grown Christmas trees and the man behind them. Patrick Tucker from Mahogany Rock Tree Farm comes to Leland every year and captures Leland’s heart not only because of his beautiful trees but also, it seems, because of his big personality.
We have to admit that this list makes us proud. It showcases the diversity of Leland’s interests.
We are honored to serve you, to bring these stories, and look forward to another great year in North Brunswick County, North Carolina!