North America’s Most Loved Netflix Shows and the Trend of Nitflixing
A global crafting community analyzed Google Trends data since March 2020 to discover the most popular Netflix shows across America, breaking down the favorites by state.
The company that carried out the research, LoveCrafts.com, found that Tiger King was the most popular Netflix show across America, taking the number one spot in nine states. This was followed by Money Heist and 13 Reasons Why.
Lovecrafts.com undertook this research after developing a craft calculator, which enables people to work out how much knitting and crocheting they could get done while watching their favorite shows.
The 10 most popular Netflix shows across America and what a beginner can make while binge-watching them:
1. Tiger King: 5 hours = a knitted pair of booties for a baby
2. Money Heist: 31 hours = a knitted hat for an adult
3. 13 Reasons Why: 46 hours = a crocheted bag
4. Stranger Things: 22 hours = a crocheted toy
5. American Horror Story: 86 hours = a knitted jumper for an adult
6. The Last Dance: 10 hours = a crocheted pair of booties for a baby
7. Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich: 4 hours = a knitted pair of booties for a baby
8. Black Mirror: 22 hours = a crocheted baby romper
9. Riverdale: 63 hours = two crocheted blankets
10. Dead to Me: 9 hours = a knitted candle holder
Here is a breakdown of the most popular Netflix shows in the states with the highest population:
1. California – Money Heist
2. Texas – 13 Reasons Why
3. Florida – Money Heist
4. New York – Money Heist
5. Illinois – The Last Dance
6. Pennsylvania – 13 Reasons Why
7. Ohio – Stranger Things
8. Michigan – The Last Dance
9. Georgia – Riverdale
10. North Carolina – Tiger King
The longest series on Netflix is currently Grey’s Anatomy with 363 episodes adding up to a running time of 260 hours (or almost 11 days). This equates to the same amount of time it would take for a beginner to knit 10 children’s jackets.
LoveCrafts.com is the online home for makers. It’s a place to find inspiration, learn new techniques, shop for craft supplies and connect with like-minded people around the world. Yarn, patterns, needles, threads, fabrics, hooks, craft books and kits can all be found and purchased via the site. Whether someone’s a knitter, sewist, quilter or little-bit-of-everything crafter, they can discover the joy of making at LoveCrafts.com.
Edward Griffith, Founder of LoveCrafts.com, said, “Knitting and watching TV have always gone hand-in-hand. There’s even a name for it now – Nitflixing! What’s not to love about watching your favorite show while working on your latest make. With our craft calculators, you can now work out how many episodes it will take to complete your next project. Perhaps you knit yourself a new hat while watching Money Heist, or go the distance and make two crocheted blankets while binging Riverdale!”