National Coffee Day
Celebrate America’s favorite beverage on September 29.
If you’re like most Americans, you thrive on your morning coffee. So many millions of people enjoy coffee that the beverage got its own day – American Coffee Day – on September 29. How much do you know about your daily cup of joe?
TheSoul Publishing, the company behind some of the biggest viral videos on the internet, gathered some fun facts that you may not know about coffee in this video below. Here are a few facts from the video.
Coffee does the following for you:
• Boosts Brainpower: Caffeine acts as a stimulant to your central nervous system, releasing extra energy and improving attention and concentration.
• Increases Blood Pressure: A small cup of coffee can battle an episode of low blood pressure.
• Makes Your Immune System Stronger: Coffee contains lots of antioxidants that can help improve your overall health.
• Relieves a Headache: Like over-the-counter painkillers, which often contain caffeine, coffee can help relieve symptoms of a headache.
• Reduces Stress: A cup of coffee releases dopamine and serotonin, alleviating stress and even symptoms of depression.
• Improves Your Memory: The stimulators in a cup of coffee improve short-term memory and enhance concentration.
• Helps You Lose Weight: Coffee suppresses your appetite and may even stimulate minimal calorie burning.
So drink up! Coffee loves you as much as you love it.